Wednesday, July 07, 2004

I'm just the DJ

Monday, July 5, 2004:
I needed to escape East Quogue and hang out with some nice people. Like a refugee I drove over to Dune Road, where my hosts were delightful. They were jolly interested in hearing about the trials and tribulations of a beach house dj. I was pleased to be around people who were just plain nice. I went from a scenario where people would constantly harrass me with requests for things and songs and who knows what else, to more humane questions, and more generous offers.

"Would you like another cup of coffee?"

"Why, yes. I would love another cup of coffee, thank you."

After one hour of pleasantness, I was ready to return to battle.

(This picture was taken by Daniel Ginsberg, who is himself a kind and gentle soul.)

No comments: