Friday, September 29, 2006

Gibberish!

So this morning I was thinking about an old Saturday Night Live sketch from 1976 with Dan Ackroyd and Eric Idle called "Plain Talk." I lost my videotape of it but still have it committed to memory. Since the web now has all things ever seen or spoken, I was able to find a transcript of it. The delivery of gibberish is priceless and has resulted in decades of smirks for myself and select group of python-minded geeks.

I suggested the link to a group of my friends who have been trying to develop an International Talk Like a Lunatic Day. Well, needless to say, the looney gibberish began to flow. But coming up with gibberish can sometimes be a chore. So here's what I found:
  • The Corporate Gibberish Generator™ by Andrew Davidson: This handy site will create the kind of gibberish you see on company websites. It's a robust offering!
  • Blippity Fling-Flang: This generator takes your actual words and turns them into cutesy sounding nonsense. You can run entire websites through it. See what it does to this blog.
  • E-Learning Gibberish Generator: Not as hilarious as the others, it will create internet gibberish. I've included it here to be thorough. If anything I try to be thoroughly silly.
  • The Generator Blog: Talk about robust, this thing is off the hook! It's a blog of generators. I made this cassette with it...

No comments: