Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Refill the Flagon of Chuckles!

I am no longer ashamed of the mix I'm working on. You may as well download the current version because I'll be making some changes to it.

The following is the current playlist for Version 0.82. Just a few words about the format of the list. The name of the track is first, followed by the artist, the number of beats per minute (BPM) the time of the track and the album. Pay attention to the BPM. It's had too much influence on the song order of this mix, and I may play around with some of the track order. One of the changes I know I plan to make is to put "A Stronger Man" and "Battle" together. Then again, their beats will match well, and so do their themes. Unfortunately, the Afrobeat track will be cut in the next version. I like the track, but I have to come to terms with the fact that this is turning into a vocal house mix. I also need to figure out an ending to the mix. More notes follow the list.


  • Merlot Warrior - Andy Caldwell vs Patton Oswalt - 112.4 - 4:38 - the mennu method remixes
  • Beginning People - Stockholm Cyclo - 113.7 - 5:13 - Hed Kandi : Nu Cool - Lounge Grooves & Sassy Beats
  • Reality Check - Stigmato Inc - 110 - 3:48 - The Sex the City The Music
  • I Don't Feel Like Dancin' - Scissor Sisters - 108 - 4:48 - Ta-Dah
  • Point of View - DB Boulevard - 128 - 3:25 - Escape St. Barth's
  • Wakafrika - Manu Dibango - 120.1 - 4:48 - Afrobeat
  • Didn't Mean To Turn You On - Colette - 123.9 - 4:06 - Destination Lounge: Las Vegas
  • Battle - Ben Onono/Tim Deluxe - 125.3 - 7:05 - The Little Ginger Club Kid
  • Psycho Killer - The Black Mighty Orchestra - 127 - 5:01 - Seriously Good Music: Cocktail
  • A Stronger Man - Ben Watt/Sananda Maitreya - 125 - 6:46 - Buzzin' Fly, Vol. 1 [Bonus Disc] Disc 1
  • If I Lost You [Michelle's Mix] - Michelle Shaprow - 124 - 5:02 - This Is What Radio Should Sound Like
  • Ooh La La - Goldfrapp - 146.4 - 2:58 - Ooh La La - Single
  • Can't Get Blue Monday Out Of My Head - Kylie Minogue - 125.8 - 4:05 - Love At First Sight
  • Can’t Get Away From You, - Walk Drink, Mood II Swing - 125.9 - 5:50 - Base Ibiza 2003 CD1
  • Where's My Merlot? - Patton Oswalt - 99.9 - 0:02 - Feelin' Kinda Patton
  • K&M Feat. Joy - Pink Is The Colour - Hed Kandi - 126 - 4:45 - Summer Mix 2003

More notes about this list:

  • The transition between "A Stronger Man" and "If I Lost You" is just awful. Good thing I'm moving the tracks around.
  • Lisa Stansfield got cut. The sound quality was, really, way too crappy. And I never did find a jazzed up version of it. I suppose this is good. I've been in a bit of a rut with bad music. It all started when adult swim started running a Family Guy promo with Brian covering Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up." Then again, the song was initially lodged into my head when I heard it in the background of an episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia...I think the one called "Charlie Has Cancer."
  • I need some good cover art for the .wma file. I have an idea which involves bikini-clad women and a certain beach house.
  • I redid Merlot Warrior. I cut out most of the clips and just left a few at the start and finish. I guess you can call it "The AA Remix." I'm still dissatisfied with the way the clips are laid out, particularly in the end. The beginning is OK.

No comments: