Tuesday, February 26, 2008

young old man

In the past, I have only made one mix about myself. This week I will release three. Here's the first one: young old man.

The title was suggested by Rob "Tucker Tucker" Tucker during my recent visit to the Boston area. In an earlier version of this mix, I used Jenny Lewis' version of "Handle With Care."
But I've already used that track on an all covers mix called "under the covers with the mennu method."* Tucker agreed that I should use the original Traveling Wilburys version since those are "some groovy young old men."



Click here for young old man as a zip file.
Click here for young old man as a wma file.

Here's the playlist:

1-Groove Armada-Purple Haze
2-Rufus Wainwright-Instant Pleasure
3-They Might Be Giants-Dead
4-Nina Simone-Marriage Is For Old Folks
5-The Traveling Wilburys-Handle With Care
6-The Boy Least Likely To-Be Gentle with Me
7-Pete Townshend-Slit Skirts
8-DJ Shadow-building steam with a grain of salt
9-Billy Joel-Summer, Highland Falls
10-Belle & Sebastian-Get Me Away from Here, I'm Dying
11-The Smiths-Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
12-Calexico/Nicolai Dunger & His Band-Alone Again Or
13-Of Montreal-Heimdalsgate Like A Promethean Curse
14-Sting-Shadows in the Rain
15-Pink Floyd-Free Four
16-Beach Boys-I Just Wasn't Made For These Times
17-Lonnie Smith-Peace of Mind


*You can still download "under the covers with the mennu method" as a zip or wma.

1 comment:

testing said...

I like the artwork of this one a lot.